Thursday 11 December 2014

Semester II: My methodology, a project broken down into sections

06/10/2014


Blog entry 8:

My methodology for this project is to break down areas of practice into separate areas, which feed into each other:

Research book:

Currently at this stage the Research Book involves encompassing a broad compilation of ideas and theories based around the subject; these will include my own thoughts along with a range of material by others. Research varies widely from a scientific standpoint, such as exploring evolution and the musculature of the hand, to different meanings attached to the human hand from a human perspective and much more.

The research book is intended to look at every possible and appropriate aspect of the human hand in order to ensure that I have not missed any possibly useful information about the hand that I could use to define my project.


Main Sketchbook:

Currently the Main Sketchbook is involved with exploring stitch as a means to intertwine the notion of ‘feel’ and give the work a tactile nature. The Main Sketchbook uses ideas/ theories from the Research Book as a initial standpoint on which to build in order to ascertain the scope of certain aspects and to in turn allow ideas to grow and possibly allow new ideas to form, which can then be more closely researched in the research book.

The Main Sketchbook is for visual development from initial ideas documented in the Research Book. This allows me to develop ideas along with the media and materials whilst I don't loose sight of researching a wide range of aspects. As I develop selected ideas further I am able find out the scope of any singular idea as well as getting new ideas to research from the natural development of visual work.


Life Drawing/ Drawing from life book:


A smaller but significant area is the Drawing from Life book, which deals purely with practicing visually representing the form of the hand, which in turn can lead to ideas to research more closely.


Blog:

The Blog involves researching the work of others to aid understanding of how mediums and materials can be used, which may inspire how physical work is created in the Main Sketchbook. The blog will also question and explore who I am as an artist and how work can be presented as possible outcomes, this area will focus deeply on what it is I want to achieve as an artist during and after my study at university. The blog will also provide a place to fully explain the thought process at certain points during the module.



No comments:

Post a Comment