Sunday 19 April 2015

Semester III: Tutorial 3

02/03/2015


Blog Entry 19:


Now that I have solved several of the design questions posed to my project after the concept panel, my third tutorial aided me to answer what I intended to say with the embroidered garments. As I intend for the imagery of the human hand to have the ability to create commentary on the complexity of my subject matter, modesty and body confidence, I intend to position the hands so they are able to have dual meanings. The hands can either be perceived by the viewer as belonging to the model wearing the garment or someone else, this will change the message depending on how the imagery is viewed. By alloying the imagery to be perceived in several ways, I feel that the layers of meaning and possible interpretation is indicative of the complexity of the message.

Another issue that has come to my attention is that if I am to make garments for the degree show, how will I present them? The best option to present my garments would be to have a selection displayed on mannequins. With this in mind my first port of call into investigating where I could possible obtain mannequins for the show was at university, where I asked the course leader for the fashion students if any mannequins would be available for the show. Unfortunately it is unlikely that any mannequins will be available, however I am on the reserve list should any be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment