Thursday 10 April 2014

Hand gestures and the little less obscure

10/04/2014

Blog entry 74:

After realising that I was using the idea of creating an image in response to each paragraph of The Library of Babel (blog entry 71) as a comfort blanket, and I decided to more loosely base my final images on the idea of the divine through a human outlook or feeling, I made a number of subsequent decisions on how to end this project. Due to my finishing my samples book, I made a list of preferred materials I intend to use next semester which is as follows (this may change next semester if I feel I need to use something else sampled):


  • Professional Acrylic Paint mixed with Retarder
  • Watercolour
  • Gouache
  • Oil Paint mixed with Liquin

Because I have decided I wanted to specifically use these paints (and potentially others this is not set in stone), I have decided to create a final hand gesture response images using these mediums and potentially mixtures of them.

Before I create a set of final responses, I have explored in my Main Sketchbook composition through photographic found images and drawing:
























Divine Hands I Cheap Acrylic on Acrylic Paper












No comments:

Post a Comment