Wednesday 2 April 2014

Life Drawing and Drawing from Life

31/03/2014

Blog entry 71:

Due to my dealing with the human form so prominently in my work, I have used some of my time to keep my hand trained in depicting it. Although I have been unable to find a organised life drawing class, and having no time to run one myself, I decided to undertake my study through drawing from life on my own. I have dedicated a separate book called Life Drawing and Drawing from life, for this practice of keeping myself trained in quickly drawing the human form. I have used friends and smily members for this study.

I feel that not only are, idea generation to form a strong basis for my project and samples to understand the practical nature of the materials I am using important, but I feel that practically studying form through drawing is an imperative part of my personal practice. Without being able to practice in this basic way, I feel that my work dealing with form would not be as successful in its execution.

Now that I have decided to look at hand gestures through my idea generation process in my main sketchbook, this has informed my focus for the rest of the work which will be done in my drawing from life book, I will use this book to study the hand as a specific area of interest as part of the human form.

No comments:

Post a Comment