Wednesday 2 April 2014

Postgraduate-ness

02/04/2014

Blog entry 72:

Food for thought…

A test of ‘postgraduate-ness’; what potential for new learning and new knowledge lies in my research question?



Now that I am reaching the end of this semester, I feel that I understand better the difference between working on a Ba(hons) and a Masters. Due to my course being intergrated, I found that it felt like I moved very fast from one to the other and it felt like a shock to my system. I now understand that to work as a post graduate student (even though I have not technically graduated) I am working as I intend to as a practitioner and I need to find far more than my personal voice: I need to find myself and fully comprehend how my practice works, what makes it unique and how it suits me.

I have found that by having physical seperate entities to explore seperate areas in my practice (samples book, main sketchbook, life drawing and drawing from life book) has helped me to fully experiment and understand how my practice is broken down similarly to building blocks. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment