Sunday 9 March 2014

Influences and Inspiration IX: 3Dimensional imagery

09/03/2014

Blog entry 61:

When studying Art & Design at college, I was required to study all areas of this field, including 3D and sculpture. As someone who was always used to working in 2D I found working in 3D very difficult and decided not to carry on with it; however I did learn that by looking at 3 dimensional work, I was able to understand how to use colour and tone in such a way that suggested a 3D shape; I decided to use this influence to apply to my practice here. If I see something inspirational, I often keep a copy on my phone or laptop and I foiund a number of images that I have accumilated, to be paticularly influential to me and my practice.

Unknown by unknown artist (N.d.)

Unknown by unknown artist (N.d.)

Unknown by unknown artist (N.d.)

Unknown by unknown artist (N.d.)








































































Sculpture such as this allows me to study form in such a way that is inspired not only by the 3D form but the artistic style of the work. I will continue to use inspiration form 3D artwork to inform my practice and drawing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment