Tuesday 25 March 2014

Re - thinking CW2

25/03/2013

Blog entry 68:

Although I have managed to outline my potential field of study in terms of underpinning and meaning for the next stage of my Masters (blog entry 66), I find that it is difficult to use the appropriate scholarly texts to apply to this. Furthermore, the meaning behind my work changes from project to project, so it may be fair to assume that the project theme or basis, although important to my practice is not the critical element the essay requires.

Now that I have reconsidered the critical aspect of my practice, I have decided to focus on my practical endeavour to combine fine art and illustration. Although my Ba(hons) was in illustration, I mainly worked as a fine artist at college, so I have worked separately in both fields. I now intend for my masters to combine illustration and fine art.

To have to consider the coupling of fine art and illustration in this essay is an opportunity to better understand the practical nature in my own practice, I intend to report back on this when I have considered it in more depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment