Monday 31 March 2014

Obscure hand gestures

31/03/2014

Blog entry 70:

After creating a number of responses to my idea involving the combination of the nine circles of hell from Dante's Inferno and The Library of Babel, I realised that this was not working as well as I had hoped. I decided to look back on the imagery I had already created and see when I feel my project was last working well. I quickly realised that my drypoint plate (blog entry 58) worked well due to the composition and the idea of using hand gestures to portray emotion and comment on the human condition. With this in mind, I decided to use the idea of hand gestures to portray each of the 15 paragraphs in The Library of Babel.

Rough ideas for hand gestures for each paragraph:
































Now that I have got to this rough idea stage, I feel that I am playing it safe so to speak by staying so close to the text, so instead of working these ideas up, I intend to create images which less specifically focus on the human condition with the idea of divinity or the lack of through a human emotive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment