Friday 24 January 2014

Curriculum vitae


24/01/2014

Blog Entry 10:


In this blog entry I have included a copy of my recently re- written CV. I feel that as I am about to embark on my final 3 semesters of University, I should prepare as much as possible, to ensure that I have professional documentation and portfolio when I leave. I have tried where possible to tailor this CV to suit an illustration based job or client.

I may choose to create a stationary suite for my Heavy Duty Illustration business at a later date, I already have a logo, so I may experiment with this to create better business cards and other stationary suite items at a later date.

(I have taken out my address and phone number for security reasons.)

Email: heavy.illustration@me.com
Helen – Marie Kelly Master of design                


Objective

I am an extremely hard working and driven individual with a lifelong passion for the visual arts. I have a strong desire to achieve any goal and aim for nothing less than satisfaction. My main ambition is to bridge the gap between fine art an illustration: As a fine art illustrator I feel developing and improving my practice is of the utmost importance along with gaining as much experience as possible as an illustrator and through exhibiting my artwork. I mainly work in hand rendered paint style and my personal voice is highly unique.
Education

2002 – 2008 Lees Brook Community School
                       
Qualifications Achieved:
§   GCSE Mathematics – B
§ GCSE French - B
§ GCSE English Language – B
§ GCSE English Literature - A
§ GCSE Science - A
§ GCSE Additional Science - A
§ GCSE Art and Design - C
§ GCSE Short Course Religious Studies B (Philosophy & Ethics) - A
§ BTEC First Diploma Performing Arts – Level 2 Distinction
§ St John Ambulance Essential First Aid Skills - Pass


2008 – 2011 South East Derbyshire College (integrated into Derby College 2010)

Qualifications Achieved:
§  BTEC National Diploma Art and Design – Level 3 Distinction Merit Merit
§  ABC Foundation Art, Design and Media – Level 3 Merit
§  ABC Foundation Art, Design and Media – Level 4 Merit
§  Key Skills Information and Communication Technology – Level 2 Pass
§  Key Skills Communication – Level 2 Pass
§  ABC Illustration Skills – Level 3 Pass
§  ABC Visual Art (Life Drawing) – Level 1 Pass
§  ABC Visual Art (Life Drawing) – Level 2 Pass
§  ABC Visual Art (Life Drawing) – Level 3 Pass


2012 – 2015 University of Derby

Qualifications Achieved:
§  Ba(hons) Visual Communication (Illustration) –
§  Mdes Visual Communication -


ACHIEVEMENTS and volentary work

§  Photographer for Make Poverty History campaign (2004)
§  Interior design team Post- 16 Health and Beauty Centre (2006)
§  Member of British Gymnastics (1996 – 2009)
§  Assistant Trampoline coach for children aged 7 – 15, of all abilities including special needs children supported by Umbrella (2005 – 2011)
§  Assistant Gymnastic coach for children aged 5 – 17, of all abilities including special needs children supported by Umbrella (2006 – 2010)
§  National Pool Lifeguard (2008 – 2009)
§  Running and Teaching Life Drawing classes at University (2012)
§  Mural Painting for BBC Stargazer programme with primary school (2013)
§  Formal speaking and giving advice to University students at a lower level (2013)
§  Volunteering for Me&Dee Charity Events (2013 – ongoing)
Interests and activities

As a dedicated art practitioner, I not only consider art/ illustration as a means of income, but as a way of life and am constantly searching for inspiration and beauty. I also enjoy encouraging others to learn and teaching art; as a result of this interest I have run and taught a set of life drawing classes as an extra curricular activity with my University along with my studies. I am also a close personal friend to Maria Hanson the owner of the Charity Me&Dee, who help make wishes come true by sending families with terminally ill members, mainly children to go away on holiday to make their last weeks precious. I am often involved with Me&Dee charity events as a Me&Dee fairy, bringing some magic into terminally ill children’s lives and raising money. I have also been involved with helping primary school children to paint a mural onto an installation at The University of Derby Markeaton Street campus, for a BBC programme.     
Work experience and comissions

Work:
Brigdens Ltd Menswear (2011 – 2013)                                                  
Job Title: Tailoring Assistant

Mosh Nightclub Derby (2012 – 2013)
Job Title: Bar Tender

Illustration Commissions and Exhibition Experience:

Illustration for From Dusk 2 Dawn Magazine (2011)

Meow Bitch Fashion Illustration (for website and exhibit) (2013)

Leren Connor Fashion Clothing Print Illustration (2013)

University Exhibit IDAHOT Gay Pride Day (2013)

E – book Illustrations for Creative Writing Student (2013)

Illustrations for The Writer’s Quibble University Magazine (2013)




References available on request.


No comments:

Post a Comment