Wednesday 29 January 2014

Obscure Fashions of The Library

29/01/2014

Blog entry 22:


After considering my rough sketches of The Library Fashion (blog entry 21), I decided to take the hexagonal hair style idea further by creating more resolved sketches. This is another step into characterising the inhabitants of the library.

All images in this blog entry are based on the short story The Library of Babel by Jorge Luis Borges (to read the story follow the lin below):
http://www.thecriticalpoint.net/index_files/libraryofbabel.pdf
(Borges, 1944)


Women's fashion:


Women's fashion: hair 1

Women's fashion: hair 2

Women's fashion: hair 3

Women's fashion: hair 4


















































































I have created the above images of what I imagine hairstyles in the Library to potentially look like, as in our world (western society especially), much is based on fashion, I wanted to depict this idea of fashion being based on the visual stimuli around the library mainly the hexagon shape.



Mens Fashion:

Men's fashion: facial hair 1 & 2


Men's fashion: facial hair 3

























Men's fashion: facial hair 4 painting acrylic and watercolour on card board (found material)


























I have used the same idea as women's hair with men's facial hair. As facial hair fashion at the moment is rather popular I feel this idea links the old style of my work with modern day ideologies.

The painting captioned Men's fashion: facial hair 4, was created using the main influence from Sam Webber (blog entry 16). I have used a similar skin tone to the background to create a more subtle colour palette like Sam Webber's illustration for Lord of The Flies by William Golding.

This characterisation may lead to something more when considering where I want to take this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment