Tuesday 24 February 2015

Semester III: After the Concept Panel

24/02/2015


Blog Entry 16:

After the concept panel, I realised that as I had feared my linking the project to something as specific as BDD would restrict the outcome of my project. I was also pleased to realise that the garment idea to show hands in tandem with the body worked well. With this in mind I have decided to focus my project on how the hand can create complex commentary on the subject of modesty and body confidence.

Now that I have decided to create more garments as outcomes and I have specifically chosen the subject matter, I now have several design problems, which I need to address as I move forward:

- How can I keep the painted element in my work when I am making embroidered garments?

- What kind of fabric should I use? As some fabrics already have preconceptions about them and what they are used for - for example satin is perceived as either used for expensive underwear or occasion dress.

- Should I make the hands on the garments distinctly male or female or should they be ambiguous?

- What do I want to say with my work/ where do I stand on the subject I have chosen to address?

- How should I photograph/ present the garments once they are made?


No comments:

Post a Comment