Tuesday 24 February 2015

Semester III: Exhibiting for the John Smedley Archive

06/02.2015



Blog Entry 11:


Since the presentation on 2nd February (outlined in blog entry 6), I have been in contact with the John Smedley Archive Curator, Jane and have been offered a place on the John Smedley Archive exhibition in July. Being as I finish this final semester in April, I will have enough time to create a piece of work especially for the exhibit, which I am of the hope will take me on my first step to getting recognition and experience exhibiting. Now that I am coming to the end of my four year university experience, I need to begin to make solid plans for the future of my art career.

I have agreed with Jane to use off cuts or faulty panels of fabric from Smedleys, which would otherwise be thrown away to create a rendition of the John Smedley logo, the Jay bird. I am now currently awaiting to receive panels, for the jay bird piece and also to use in my realisation project. Now that I have decided not to simply use calico during the project, I feel that it is a good opportunity to embroider using high quality knit fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment