Saturday 3 January 2015

Semester II: Clothing adorned with the hand II

18/12/2014


Blog entry 22:

After considering this idea in blog entry 19, I decided to make a sample garment using my embroidery and feel that it worked well. I based this piece on a myth about left handedness. The myth states that if someone is to place their left hand on your shoulder it is bad luck or ill will, this supposedly being where the superstition of throwing salt over the shoulder is derived from. This sample is labelled Fig.85.1













































I feel that this sample is an interesting way of potentially telling a story with the hand and the aspects on which it can comment when placed on the human body in specific locations. This may be something I choose to take forward next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment