Saturday 3 January 2015

Semester II: Dissertation

11/11/2014


Blog entry 15:

My Dissertation is intended to feed into my Concept project by providing me with a better understanding of how the hand has been used in art to act as a semiotic or political signifier to the human condition. I have decided to base my research on a number of images which have been created using different mediums, at different times and in different cultures, as I feel that this is the best way to understand how humanity all over the world and at different points throughout history have viewed the hand in art. I intend to use my dissertation to answer questions I have about certain aspects in my Concept module.

My dissertation plan is as follows:


Introduction: (1,200 words)

Starting Paragraph

Literature review (to lead on from first paragraph)

Paragraph to close intro





Chapter 1: (2,500 words)

 How the hand can convey sophisticated or complex human ideas in art

Concepts of emotion or feeling conveyed through hand gesture in art






Chapter 2: (2,500 words)


Gender as something that can be defined or portrayed through how the hands are positioned




Conclusion (1000 words)






No comments:

Post a Comment