Saturday 3 January 2015

semester II: Second tutorial and illustrative signifiers

03/11/2014


Blog entry 12:

Since the last tutorial I have indeed looked further into how free machine embroidery and paint can be used to add a tactile aspic to my work. I have also considered how stitch and paint can be factors used to contrast with one another. I found that from my samples, I prefer using thread colours which are similar to the skin tones of the paint, this creates a more subtle texture and I feel further bonds the image of the hand with the concept of 'feel' (sample shown below).
























During my second tutorial I explained an idea I had about using the hand as a signifier in illustration, which I now intend to take further. I feel that the hand in an illustrative composition could act to tell the audience more about certain characters and their feelings/ emotions.

I feel that working over my paintings with stitch is working well and I intend to submit this to further investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment