Saturday 3 January 2015

Semester II: How to display stitch paintings

21/12/2014


Blog entry 23:

As my project has progressed, I have become more and more aware that although my work is intended to have a tactile look, this does not necessarily mean that I want it to be touched, as this over time would affect the visual quality, however I do not want to show this stitch and paint combination purely in print as I feel that it will loose some of the initial tactile nature. Throughout this project I have been considering a number of possible ways in which I could create outcomes to the Realisation module. I have made a simple sample of a way in which I may be able to solve both issues. I decided that the stitch paintings could possibly be presented in box frames, as the glass sits away from the image and would allow the threads to hang down naturally within the confinements of the frame, the image would not be intend to fully fit the frame in height in order to allow room for the hanging threads.


























Although this frame isn't as long as I had intended, I still feel that this method of displaying my work, is successful. I intend to look into this and other methods of displaying my work next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment