Tuesday 11 February 2014

Geometric Faces on an Obscure Organic Face II: Painting by Numbers

12/02/2014

Blog entry 40:

In order to get away from the digital, as I mainly prefer to use hand rendered methods of creating artwork, I have decided to work on making a geometric painting using the method of paint by numbers. I have made a step by step account of this using photography of each stage.

Examples I first looked at for Painting by numbers:





























Painting by numbers was originally created as a way of teaching children, how to create different areas of colour or tone through using paint and to stay within the lines or constraints of a shape. I intend to use this technique, to enable me to understand better how to paint geometric shapes based on an organic form.

Step by step photographs of creating my geometric paint by numbers:

Draw out a simple organic form

























Use a coloured pencil to map out geometric areas of the form

























Number each area ensuring that no two numbered areas a
djoining are the same



Each area is numbered 1 - 5



Paint each area in a flesh tone according to the number
(all numbered areas the same shade or colour)






I have left a key to show what number each area
was before painted



























Not that I have used this experiment to gain a better understanding of how to make a geometric form based on an organic form, I intend to use this to not only depict geometric shapes but to combine geometry and organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment