Tuesday 11 February 2014

Geometric Faces on an Obscure Organic Face III: Experimenting on magazines

12/02/2014


Blog Entry 41:

When looking at drawing in planes or planar surfaces in blog entry 30, I came across a blog, (linked in blog entry 30), where the unknown artist had used a face on a magazine to practice this. I decided to use this inspiration and take if further by using a hair magazine to practice as many forms of plain drawing as possible, using the models' faces as templates.

This magazine can be found in my main sketchbook, I have only added a small number of scans from this to give a basic idea as to what this experiment achieved.

Scans from the magazine:

imprint through pages leaving only the geometric shapes

Masking tape overlaid and geometric face and hair shapes mapped
 to explore faces at different angles

Mapping areas of light on the face





































































I feel that this experimentation has allowed me to understand form better and consider how to add geometric areas in different ways which add something to the imagery. I am still unsure as to whether the combination on geometric and organic forms is suited fully to visually communicating 'the divine', I intend to experiment further and look at other aspects of depicting the divine to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment