Saturday 22 February 2014

The next Obscure Step: Oil Painting II

22/02/2014

Blog entry 52:

After the success of my last experiment (blog entry 51) I decided that I would do more oil painting and try to improve using this media. For my second attempt at oil painting, I have decided to focus on smaller areas of the face which I find particularly difficult to represent. I have decided to stick to the human form due to it being an important aspect of my work.

I began by using small canvases to paint facial features:



more simple colour and shape to suggest the mouth through association


more detailed eye using colour and shade



Using a small area to create a painting is challenging for me as I am used to working on a much bigger scale and often do not put my focal point of an image in the centre. This has taught me to mentally section my apintings into sections in order to focus on specific areas.



No comments:

Post a Comment